Administrative Offices
139 Rieger Road

Butler, PA 16001
Phone: 724-287-2761
Fax: 724-287-4205

Child Care Works

What is Child Care Financial Assistance?
The subsidized child care program helps low-income families pay a portion of their child care expenses. The state and federal government funds this program, which is managed by the ELRC.  The ELRC determines the families’ eligibility for child care subsidy, provides payments to the child care providers, and educates families about quality childcare and early learning programs.

Who is Eligible?
The following are the basic guideline
· You must live in Pennsylvania
· Have a child or children who need child care while you work or attend an education program
· Meet income guidelines for your family size
· Work 20 or more hours a week - or-
· Work 10 hours and go to school or train for 10 hours a week
· Teen parents must attend an education program
· The child who needs care must be a citizen of the United States or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residency

How do I Apply?
To apply for child care financial assistance or if  you would like more information,
please call our office at 724-285-9431
Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00.
You can submit an application through online services for the Child Care Works Program at

Finding Child Care Programs?
 A Parent may use funding anywhere they choose as long as the child care provider participates or is willing to participate.
The parent may choose:
Licensed Child Care Center, Group Daycare Home, Family Daycare Homes.
Parent may also select certain Relative Providers. Please ask for more details when you call our office

Where to Find a List of Licensed Facilities?
To get a list of and information on child care facilities please give our office a call for resource and referral services. The ELRC can assist you in finding a facility that meets your needs.
You can also find a listing of regulated child care providers, view certification history, current certification status and complaint history at: